Wednesday, July 8, 2009

HFCS Monster!!

Ok-so I have a HUGE bone to pick with these new ads about -'the truth about high-fructose corn syrup' (HFCS). The truth is-high-fructose corn syrup is a bioengineered food-does that even SOUND healthy or natural? which means, it is a man-made food. HFCS is bad for you because it doesn't satiate you-it is processed to make you CRAVE MORE HFCS!!! Look on your food labels-if it is listed as an ingredient-which-most likely it is-put the bottle down and run away-especially if it is listed as one of the first ingredients (which means it has a lot in it-the higher to the top of the ingredient list, the more there is in the food).

2 comments:

  1. Katie! You are such an inspiration to me! I love that you are doing this blog!

    I have a question for you about the Crystal Light drink. We drink it a lot and I hear that it is not so healthy for you...What is your take on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guyla-Sorry it took me so long to respond-I don't know much about Crystal Light, but I would say that if you can't pronounce the ingredients on the list, they probably aren't good for you! (And they definitely aren't natural products). So just be aware of how much you consume. Miss you guys tons!!!

    ReplyDelete